City Manager T.C. Broadnax announced the official list of candidates who will interview for the new Police Chief of Dallas. They are:
• Malik Aziz, Deputy Chief, Dallas Police Department
• Carmen Best, Deputy Chief, Seattle Police Department
• U. Renee Hall, Deputy Chief, Detroit Police Department
• Michel Moore, First Assistant Chief, Los Angeles Police Department
• Luther Reynolds, Assistant Chief, Montgomery County (Maryland) Police Department
• Gary Tittle, Assistant Chief, Dallas Police Department
• Rick Watson, Deputy Chief, Dallas Police Department
Over a three-day period in July, the City Manager has assembled five panels comprised of various community stakeholders and partners, who will participate in the interview process.
Monday July 10: Candidates will tour various police facilities and parts of Dallas and will attend a reception Monday evening with key community stakeholders.
Tuesday July 11: The candidates will participate in panel interviews with partners in the law enforcement community; leaders from the faith-based community; members of the various police associations; advocates who lead police support groups; and other neighborhood and community leaders. The day will conclude with a citizen meet and greet from 6 to 8 p.m. second floor foyer, at Dallas City Hall.
Wednesday July 12: City Manager’s staff will interview the candidates.
The City Manager will determine next steps after the interview process is concluded.
The post City Manager announces candidates for Dallas Police Chief appeared first on Dallas City News.